Video of raining:
- How far is the storm?
- How much did it rain?
How much did it rain?
- We put the watering can to filling up
- We obtained these mesures: weight of the water and the volume of the water inside watering can
- Dimensions of watering can: radious (zoom), cover, angle of the cover, length (zoom)
- Can you find how much it rained (in liter per square meter)?
How much did it rain? bis
- If we know the records of near weather stations, can we estimate how much did it rain in our house?
- In what time this method would not be applicable? How many points (weather stations) do we need to apply this method?
- Can you apply it here (press on the image to get an interactive map with rainfalls)
How far is the storm?
- Speed of light 
- Speed of sound 
- Can we find the distance between our house and storm if we know that there is a gap of \(n\) seconds between thunder and lightning?
 AEMET. Precipitación 00-24h (mm) en jueves, 6 de octubre de 2016. 2016. http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/observacion/ultimosdatos?k=bal&w=2&datos=img&x=d05&f=pre_0024.
 Wikipedia. Speed of light. 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light.
 Wikipedia. Speed of sound. 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound.